Designed for BC’s New Curriculum
The new Explorations in Social Studies 11 Student Workbook invites students to explore several topics within the scope of Social Studies. invites students to explore several topics within the scope of Social Studies. Sampling a topic each unit, students will explore five core social studies disciplines.
- Unit 1: Twentieth Century World History
- Unit 2: Political Studies
- Unit 3: Economic Theory and Practice
- Unit 4: Human and Physical Geography
- Unit 5: Social Justice
This workbook invites students to explore the interrelated aspects of human civilization, and to discover where their own interests and passions lie. In the introductions to each unit, methods of study are presented, along with the aims and objectives of each discipline, and a discussion of potential career opportunities. A wide variety of photographs, maps, charts, and diagrams, case studies, primary sources, infographics, and mini biographies are included throughout the text, adding perspective and enriching the learning experience.
Included in the workbook, at the end of each unit, are 6 exercise worksheets designed to enhance understanding and encourage critical thinking. This workbook provides an opportunity for students to develop disciplinary thinking skills, along with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to become informed, active citizens.
The major features of the workbook are:
- Easy to understand layout and style
- 156 maps / diagrams / charts / tables / infographics
- 50 case studies / primary sources / mini biographies
- 180 photograph images
- Comprehensive Table of Contents
- Full cross-referenced index. Over 900 entries
- Current internet listings for further research